In the last week we worked on data collection, the Minion, the topology UI, provisioning, web UI cleanup, SNMP, roles and authentication, and the OSGi plugin manager.
Github Project Updates
Jesse improved the datacollection APIs and modernized the HTTP, JDBC, JMX, NSClient, TCA, VMware, WMI, and XML collectors.
Pradeep, Pavan, and Seth worked on JMX collection in the minion. Dustin improved the minion's heartbeat support as well as the handling of node location changes.
Jesse changed the edge path drawing to use quadratic bezier curves to improve the visibility when there are multiple links.
Christian has been working on support for minion requisition creation. Chandra added support for querying DNS from the minion's point-of-view and integrated support for that into Provisiond.
Web UI Cleanup
Alejandro did more work on the GWT to Angular conversion in the web UI, fixing unit tests and asset page access, as well as improving report search and KSC ReST access. He also cleaned up user role editing to be clearer, and fixed marker-cluster rendering in the geomaps.
Seth worked on some low-level SNMP API code for improved handling of SNMP4J PDUs. Jeff fixed the display of some SNMP trap and sysName data.
Roles and Authentication
Alejandro did some work on obsoleting
magic-users.properties, merging it into
users.xml. (Editor's note: "WHOOOOOO!")
OSGi Plugin Manager
Craig fixed the plugin loader to make sure the license manager is loaded first. He also added support for handling alarm memo changes.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
The OpenNMS User Conference Europe 2016 has been canceled. If you need assistance canceling a hotel reservation, the Foundation staff is ready to help.
Jeff will be speaking at Ohio Linux Fest on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Jeff will be giving a talk about Newts, the time-series data store designed and built for OpenNMS.
Tarus will be speaking at the All Things Open conference on the subject of The Internet of Silos. A number of OpenNMS folks will be in attendance, so if you see us, don't hesitate to say "hi." We'll be sponsoring an evening concert of MC Frontalot and The Doubleclicks at King's Barcade Wednesday night.
Jeff will be speaking at OSMC on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-739: Minion SNMP support
- HZN-863: Change ID of camel route for SyslogReceiverCamelNettyImpl
- HZN-865: Create method that converts PDU objects into SNMP bytes
- NMS-2598: Edit surveillance category shows deleted nodes
- NMS-7934: No event for Informational syslog
- NMS-8035: IE11 and Firefox Browsers Display Double Scroll Bars for the RTC: Service Monitoring Table in the Ops Panel
- NMS-8527: Find a faster way of determining root-cause or impacting vertices
- NMS-8647: Replace GWT with Angular: choose resources (part of KSC editor wizard)
- NMS-8702: View current Site outages does not filter for "building"
- NMS-8718: vmwarecimquery and vmwareconfigbuilder tools is not working
- NMS-8719: Mark-Clusters are not rendered properly on GeoMaps (develop only)