It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internal and web UI changes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Antonio worked on more Enlinkd and topology bugs.
- Jesse fixed an issue with thresholding WS-Man collection results.
- Jesse worked on fixing StrafePing on the Minion.
- Jesse did more work on initial Java 9 support.
- Seth did more work on upgrading our embedded Karaf to 4.1 and our ActiveMQ to 5.14.
- Dustin updated the docs on using the
- Jesse fixed a bug discovered in OpenNMS 20 where secondary SNMP interfaces were being collected when they shouldn't be.
- Craig did a bit more work on the alarm alert browser support.
- Markus converted the location field of the SNMP configuration page to a select box.
OpenNMS Horizon 20 Released
OpenNMS Horizon 20 was released last week, with tons of minion updates and a lot of other changes. For a complete list of changes, see the release notes.
Also note, Horizon 20 has finished our conversion to processing XML with JAXB, and some files that previously worked may need to be modified to be well-formed. As we get reports from users about pitfalls they run into, we'll document them here.
September Traning Dates Announced
The next training offered by The OpenNMS Group will be the week of September 11th, 2017, at our Apex, NC office. For details, see the OpenNMS.com training site.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers' conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus's announcement on the OpenNMS blog. When you're ready to register, go to the registration page. See you there!
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1050: Enable username logging in Jetty request logs
- HZN-1055: Allow the credentials stored in scv to be configured without starting the Karaf container
- HZN-1074: Histogram panel for alarms
- HZN-1081: Avoid depending on tools.jar when compiling under JDK9
- NMS-9353: XSS vulnerability on quick-add node page
- NMS-9354: XSS vulnerability on node error page
- NMS-9355: XSS vulnerability with application names
- NMS-9356: Allow provisiond to perform reverse lookups without requiring an A record
- NMS-9361: Thresholding on WSMan datasources appears broken
- NMS-9375: Alarms Page Enhancements - Sound and Flashing
- NMS-9401: Warn users about upcoming configuration formatting changes in release notes for 20.0.0
- NMS-9407: StrafePingMonitor fails on Minion
- NMS-9410: Can't install OpenNMS caused by libopennms-java dependency problems