It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we did various internal and web UI work.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ron Roskens added documentation about collection resource types.
- Brynjar Eide fixed a bug in scanning SNMP devices with missing
- Jesse did more work on Java 9 support.
- Antonio squashed more topology and Enlinkd bugs.
- Jean-Marie Kubek improved test support for RADIUS by using an internal tinyRadius server.
- Markus did more work on changing our provisioning code to store requisition information in the database.
- Alejandro fixed events to log in a more useful fashion.
- I worked on cleaning up a number of things broken by the JAXB changes introduced in 20.0.0 (including the thresholding and KSC report editors).
- Jesse fixed a bug in Collectd not properly handling node, interface, and service deleted events.
- Markus fixed an issue with the dashboard loading properly.
- Markus added an API to expose OpenNMS web UI navigation info to ReST clients.
- Seth worked on the ReSTv2 APIs more.
- Roman Solomakhov improved topology icon support.
- Dustin made vertex status scriptable in the topology GraphML provider.
- Markus worked on refactoring the admin UI angular code.
- Jesse and Markus worked on a Grafana-based UI for working with alarms. (code name: "HELM")
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers' conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus's announcement on the OpenNMS blog. When you're ready to register, go to the registration page. See you there!
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-862: Implement ByteArrayPartitioner to generate partition number to store kafka messegas for syslog & traps
- HZN-1080: The location field on the SNMP configuration page should be a select box
- HZN-1082: Missing java.xml.bind.* classes when compiling under Java 9
- HZN-1089: VMware v6 data collection not working
- HZN-1094: Upgrade Camel to version 2.19
- HZN-1095: Use cxf-xjc-plugin instead of maven-jaxb2-plugin
- NMS-8759: Add category search provider support to Atlas topology provider
- NMS-9335: LoadingTopology from db result in NPE
- NMS-9351: Upgrade Spring from 4.1 to 4.2
- NMS-9403: Add Resource Types to admin guide documentation
- NMS-9409: TCP persistence strategy should output time in milliseconds, not seconds
- NMS-9414: Node Label Change form Broken
- NMS-9415: NullPointerException during nodeScan on devices with broken IP-MIB::ipAddressIfIndex
- NMS-9417: RadiusAuthMonitorTest is @ignored as it needs an external radius server
- NMS-9421: Possible XSS in Alarm Filter Favorites
- NMS-9427: NPE on Vaadin Dashboard
- NMS-9450: Unable to "Change Label" of Node
- NMS-9455: BridgeTopology Discovery Mismatch after opennms restart
- NMS-9456: ClassNotFoundException when running vmwarecimquery/vmwareconfigbuilder