It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did a lot of Telemetryd work and other work supporting the Horizon and Meridian releases.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus worked on refactoring our JMX code to be shared as much as possible between the monitor, collection, and detector implementations.
- Jesse refactored the OSGi Telemetryd adapter to fall back to classpath searches more quickly for non-OSGi telemetry plugins.
- Markus continued to work on updating the Jest library for improved Amazon SQS support.
- Jesse added support for making RPC calls over the SQS adapter.
- Jesse worked on improving netflow performance and metrics.
- Chandra added support for using groovy for telemetry adapters.
- Ronny cleaned up a bunch of issues in default SNMP data collection.
- Antonio fixed some issues in the Enlinkd bridge topology support.
- Dustin did more work on flow support.
- Seth added karaf version info to the UI status page.
- Markus added support for detecting new nodes in an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Markus and Jesse cleaned up some potential security issues in the UI.
- Seth updated Jetty to a bugfixed version that fixes
- Jesse fixed the Helm alarm detail page to fit in the viewspace and scroll for alarm details with lots of text.
This Month's Releases: Horizon 21.0.1, Meridian 2016.1.9, and Meridian 2017.1.2
This month we released bug and security updates to Horizon 21 and Meridian 2016 & 2017.
- Horizon 21.0.1 (Rachael) is the newest stable release of OpenNMS Horizon. It contains a few enhancements but is primarily a bugfix release, including a fix for the rendering issue in the topology UI and other Vaadin-based UI elements. (Release Notes)
- Meridian 2017.1.2 (Kraków meridian) is a small update to Meridian 2017 with many of the bug fixes that went into Horizon 21.0.1. (Release Notes)
- Meridian 2016.1.9 (Winkel tripel) contains a subset of the changes that went into the other releases this month. (Release Notes)
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-70: Long descriptions and log messages fill the alarm details modal
- HZN-1178: Write documentation for the Netflow 5 Adapter
- HZN-1183: Update Jest library to version 5.3.3
- HZN-1193: Improve Netflow performance and metrics
- NMS-9099: Complete migration from Castor to JAXB
- NMS-9492: rescan-exitsing attibute of requisition-def tag in provisiond-configuration.xml is not passed to scanNode() in CoreImportActivities
- NMS-9509: Duplicate event definition in etc/events
- NMS-9585: KSC reports broken for all nodes
- NMS-9670: IOActive: Cross-Site Scripting in createFavorite filter Parameter
- NMS-9673: IOActive: Reflected Cross-site Scripting in userGroupView/roles roleDescr and Other Parameters
- NMS-9674: IOActive: Reflected Cross-site Scripting in admin/thresholds/index.htm filterField and Other Parameters
- NMS-9723: Implement the RPC pattern using AWS SQS
- NMS-9724: ReST v1 does not return errors for unparseable events
- NMS-9740: JMX collector doesn't support integer
- ORG-65: Monitoring storcli based raid controllers