It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra continued to work on exposing Kafka metrics to collection by making JMX collection support generic resource types.
- Seth continued his work making our bundles load properly with blueprints.
- Markus worked on telemetry data validation.
- Dustin worked on Netflow 9 and IPFIX support.
- Ronny did more work on cleaning up the help/support page(s).
- Jesse continued to work on exposing telemetry data for graphing.
Web & UI
- Markus fixed an issue with geo coordinates being truncated.
- Markus fixed the KSC report search sometimes not returning entries.
- Jesse worked on flow query support in OpenNMS.js and Helm.
OpenNMS Horizon 21.0.3 and Meridian 2017.1.4 Released
This month's releases are now available.
For details on what's changed, see the blog announcements:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the Linuxconf Australia Systems Administration Miniconf on January 23rd.
After Linuxconf, Tarus will speak at the New Zealand Network Operators Group event at Rydges in Queenstown, NZ.
NETHINKS will be doing a German-language webinar on Grafana, Helm, and OpenNMS on February 21st.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1161: Improve efficiency of applying package filters in telemetryd
- HZN-1219: Geocoordinates truncated to 5 decimal places
- HZN-1223: Enhance Elasticsearch integration tests to support loading plugins
- MIS-71: SMTP ALERTING
- NMS-9771: Split Help/Support in "Documentation" and "Support"
- NMS-9776: The typeahead widget for KSC Report Search on front page is not working
- NMS-9777: The geographical maps on large installations is unusable
- NMS-9818: alarm-change-notifier feature fails to install due to missing dependencies