It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Sorry for the delay in getting this out, but last week I was on a nerd cruise and my flight home got delayed until yesterday.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Seth worked on wrapping up his blueprint/karaf/gemini refactor.
- Jesse made Elasticsearch connection and read timeouts configurable.
- Dustin did more work on Netflow 9 and IPFIX support.
- Craig did more fixes to the plugin manager.
- Jesse fixed the flow API to sort top N results in a meaningful order.
- Jeff updated SQS documentation to include sink and RPC parameters.
- I fixed the Minion build to properly build all projects.
- Jeff added a CLI tool to manage taking thread dumps.
- Markus worked on cleaning up Elasticsearch config consistency between different parts of the codebase.
- Jeff added an early morning category report.
- Jeff added datacollection and graphing for Cisco ASA remote access and fixed a few other Cisco-related configs.
- Jesse made a producer for forwarding events, alarms, and node data to Kafka topics.
Web & UI
- Markus continued his work on the flow application definition editor and ReST API.
- Markus worked on fixing asset record ID inconsistencies in the ReST interface.
- Chandra added a netflow indicator to the graph UI.
- Markus worked on some improvements in the flow classification admin UI.
- I added support for custom context-menu actions in Helm.
- I fixed a few small bugs in OpenNMS.js and released version 1.0.3.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jeff Gehlbach will be speaking at SCaLE on the current state of OpenNMS on Sunday, March 11th.
NETHINKS will be doing a German-language webinar on Grafana, Helm, and OpenNMS on February 21st.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-75: required Grafana-Server version is missing in docs
- HELM-79: Add support for custom actions in the alarm table panel
- HZN-1180: Netflow 9 / IPFIX telemetryd adapter
- HZN-1209: Flow application definition UI
- NMS-9830: Plugin install fails
- NMS-9846: Improve event processing rate in alarmd (for databases with high latency)
- NMS-9871: Copyright dates need a bump for 2018