It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Christian did more work on sFlow support in Telemetryd.
- Markus fixed a recursion error in the Elasticsearch client code.
- Chandra added support for filtering events before passing them on to Kafka.
- Markus fixed some errors in our netty implementation.
- Jeff put event configuration info from the wiki into the admin guide.
- Markus worked on refactoring the smoke test infrastructure.
- Jesse improved the algorithm for determining flow direction.
- Dustin fixed an issue with binding listeners in Telemetryd.
Web & UI
- I fixed some issues with the new JS build infrastructure.
- Patrick worked on improvements to the classification ReST API.
- I added
X-Requested-Withheaders to OpenNMS.js so basic auth is handled properly.
- Jesse added a new datasource for handling flows in Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1152: Drift: Streaming Telemetry
- HZN-1227: Drift: Flow indicator icon on MIB-2 traffic utilization graphs
- HZN-1249: Consistent behavior when writing to Elasticsearch
- HZN-1261: Enhance ClassificationRestService to be used in a simple link
- HZN-1262: Provide input field to define file name for csv download
- HZN-1268: features-flows-elastic - Flow documents are logged against incorrect index strategy name
- HZN-1271: Web UI - Help Section - Button for Admin Guide missing
- HZN-1273: Document Kibana Dashboard release process
- HZN-1274: Suspicious warnings on web.log related with the Flows API
- HZN-1275: Review flow conversation directionality
- HZN-1277: Correct typo in IndexStrategy
- NMS-9667: NettyServerTCPWorker warnings in eventd.log
- NMS-9763: RADIUS Poller: MD4 MessageDigest not available
- NMS-9775: Text not displayed in correct fonts in graphs
- NMS-9783: Suppress HTTP Basic Auth Requests for AJAX Calls
- NMS-9855: Node ReST service not handling assets and deleting properly
- NMS-9918: Not possible to use the SNMP Poller with useCriteriaFilters="true"
- NMS-9920: Possible StackOverflow in DefaultRequestExecutor
- NMS-9927: Backshift graph fails to load with jQuery error