It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we got back to continuing the various projects we've been working on.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse and David continued their work on a next-generation Alarmd with full rules-based workflow management.
- Antonio did more work on Enlinkd bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Chandra added tests and documentation to his Kafka persistence work.
- I fixed a small bug in the Collectd and Pollerd JMX MBeans that would cause task counts to be wrong.
- Markus has been working on filling out system tests for the new Sentinel container.
- Patrick worked on validating varbind matching in event config files.
Web & UI
- Patrick fixed the KSC dashlet when run in the ops board.
- I worked (more) on fixing the heatmap when loaded in the front page.
- Patrick worked on making dates more consistent in various parts of the UI.
- David added correlated alarm support to the OpenNMS.js alarm DAO.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-477: Identify mandatory OIDs for Enhanced Linkd
- HZN-1326: Persist Situations in alarmd
- HZN-1327: Expose Situations via REST api
- NMS-9202: Event-Analysis Report shows incorrect numbers for big values in Top25 Events
- NMS-9557: Exceptions in Bridge Discovery
- NMS-9741: MBean "TasksCompleted" for Collectd and Pollerd returns wrong counters
- NMS-9965: Update Notification documentation with links to OpenNMS 101 videos
- NMS-10172: Karaf shell command to enumerate nodes that match a given filter
- NMS-10191: The KSC Dashlet for the Ops-Board is not working