It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
We were off for part of last week for the 4th of July holiday, so we're back with a very special 2-week TWiO.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse and David continued their work on a next-generation Alarmd (codename: Sextant) with full rules-based workflow management.
- Markus did more work on the Sentinel container, validating Kafka communication and adding documentation.
- Patrick worked on fixing varbind matching validation in the config tester.
- Craig worked on more enhancements to the plugin manager.
- Malatesh added some coverage to the eventd configuration tests.
- Jeff did more work on his proof-of-concept ServiceNow ticketer plugin.
- I fixed some issues with the pl/pgsql version of IPLIKE not matching the C behavior.
- Ronny did more work streamlining documentation.
- Ronny fixed a regression in certain MIB2 interface data not being collected by default.
- Chandra did more work on support for RPC over Kafka.
Web & UI
- I finished my fixes for web asset loading (most noticeably, the heatmap on the front page).
- Antonio has been working on fixing the topology UI showing enlinkd links properly.
- Patrick worked on changes to make dates in the web UI consistent, and also configurable.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the UK Network Operators Forum on September 11th, 2018. He'll be giving a talk called "What's Happening with OpenNMS" going over some of the recent enhancements to OpenNMS to extend scalability.
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-97: Template variables were only replaced once
- HZN-1228: Reporting and Dashboards for Flow Data
- HZN-1291: Enhancements to Plugin Manager
- HZN-1307: Implement first version of a sentinel, which is capable of running the flow-adapters.
- HZN-1316: Heatmap stopped working in centerUrl after upgrading to 22.0.0
- HZN-1319: Alarm service layer research & design
- HZN-1328: Add an additional tab to Alarm display in Grafana to display related Alarms
- HZN-1336: AbstractAdapter always logs 0 packets
- HZN-1337: Jira PLugin: Tickets are not being automatically created in Jira
- HZN-1344: Make the default (feature) repositories known to sentinel
- HZN-1351: opennms snmp form can't handle ip address range
- NMS-8387: Improve bridge topology performance in EnlinkdTopologyProvider
- NMS-9287: linknode page should show more information on edges fro bridge topology
- NMS-9719: shared segments optimization
- NMS-9821: Config-tester not validating varbind matching in event files
- NMS-10182: Merge User and Admin Guide
- NMS-10229: write custom tag for date time formatting
- NMS-10238: plpgsql IPLIKE does not behave the same as the C version
- NMS-10247: MIB2 SNMP Interface counters missing from Windows data collection