It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did a lot of finishing work on in-progress projects and fixed a bunch of bugs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- David did more work on the correlation feedback support in Sextant.
- Patrick did a few more updates to Linkd calculation performance in Topology.
- Chandra merged Malatesh's work to provide a Kafka/ActiveMQ event sink.
- Christian fixed the properties cache to use a time-based cache to save memory.
- David Hustace wrapped up his single-alarm tracking changes, including documenting Alarmd.
- I finished up my minion status tracker branch.
- Christian fixed the JavaMailer to properly set
- Jesse did some fixes to the way alarm statuses propagate to Situations.
Web & UI
- I wrapped up the JS custom date format enhancements.
- Patrick did more changes to the way exceptions are shown in the web UI.
- David and Jesse worked on Sextant feedback support in OpenNMS.js and Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the UK Network Operators Forum on September 11th, 2018. He'll be giving a talk called "What's Happening with OpenNMS" going over some of the recent enhancements to OpenNMS to extend scalability.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-71: Error messages from validateTarget() are never shown to the user
- HELM-102: Display and Accept Alarm Correlation Feedback in HELM
- HZN-1331: Consume events from Kafka
- HZN-1378: Evaluate leader election strategies for Sentinel
- NMS-3974: maxRetCode in HttpDetector does not work
- NMS-9027: Content-Type tag wrong in emailed reports
- NMS-9267: The upgrade task for magic-users.properties fails because of the read-only attribute
- NMS-9921: Investigate OutOfMemoryException on demo.opennms.org
- NMS-10072: Normalize date formats across the WebUI
- NMS-10232: render dateformat for AngularJS
- NMS-10295: implement minion "status" field
- NMS-10319: Flow: Ingress/egress traffic is improperly reported when filtering by ifIndex
- NMS-10325: Getting Java.Null exception error message when trying to delete notification path.